For a moment
At the saris
Hanging in the shops
A spectacle of
Each sari unique
In the confines
Of tiny shops
Not at all unlike
The thrumming humanity
In the narrow streets
Of Chandni Chowk
New Delhi, India
Taken during travels, 2017
Pic and a Word Challenge
A little late this week. I was working on something else, but it’s resisting final touches, so this instead.
Last week we were full of Bluster. This week, we’ll just sit back and enjoy the Spectacle. Or seek something else to inspire you in this photograph of saris hanging in the Chandni Chowk night markets of New Delhi, India.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is (usually) a weekly creativity prompt offered (also, usually) Mondays.
With each challenge I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, video, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or images
- You may use my image to illustrate your post, or any images you have created
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post