A light which burned
For ten short years
Burned thrice as bright
Like beacons in
The darkened sky
Which lived and died
But whose light
Has reached us
Though in that beam
Cast by hands and heart
My spirits rise
I find again
In starry starry night
Imagine Van Gogh
Vancouver Convention Center
British Columbia, Canada
Pictures from home, May 17, 2021
Pic and a Word Challenge
I apologize. It’s been a while. But I think, now, with some time and energy to devote to self and life and light, I’ll be around and present for a while.
Last time, waaaay back in — oh my gosh — March, we went out with a Whisper. This week let’s take delight in Starlight, or seek something else to inspire you in this photograph of Vincent Van Gogh’s iconic Starry Night as presented by Imagine Van Gogh in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is (usually) a weekly creativity prompt offered Mondays.
Each week I (intend to) provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or images
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
The previous challenge was: Whisper
The word for last time’s challenge was Whisper, along with this photograph of drifting vapour mist at Black Sand Basin, Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, USA.
Five bloggers could manage better than a Whisper this week. 😉 Thanks Everyone!
- Whisper, by Dancing Echoes
- deafening whispers, by Defying Atrophy
- Whisper, by WoollyMuses
- Silence is Not an Option – A Poem, by I Do Run
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.