I’m confronted with it
So far to go
So little time
How will I explore it all
How will I get there
I don’t know
Just how far
That will take me
It will be
To the end
Wherever I get
That will have to be
I’ll just have to be
Sea to Sky Highway
Near Lions Bay
British Columbia, Canada, 2017
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sundays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
The word for last week’s Pic and a Word Challenge #142 was Standout, along with this photograph of a line drawing of a girl nearly lost in the chaos of graffiti on a diner wall at Bon’s off Broadway, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
So far, two bloggers found a Standout this week. A newcomer and someone who’s posted a response to all 142 weeks. Way to go, both of you. 🙂 (It’s still early, and I scheduled this last night for an early post, so I’ll add whoever else posts, or has posted a response, by the end of today. =) )
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.