Cropped and framed
Colour corrected and edited
Burnished and patinaed
To make a picture
That tells the story
I wish to remember
Museum of the History of Barcelona
Taken during travels, 2019
Pic and a Word Challenge
Last week we took on the act of Creation. This week let’s put a picture in the Frame, or seek something else to inspire you in this photograph of a fresco depicting a Roman soldier astride a war horse, at the Museum of the History of Barcelona in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is (usually) a weekly creativity prompt offered (also, usually) Mondays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or images
- You may use my image to illustrate your post, or any images you have created
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
The previous challenge was: Creation
- Just Air, by Defying Atrophy
- Creation, by WoollyMuses
- Beautiful in its Time, by HeavensSunshine
- Hunting Worms, by Mapping Uncertainty
- Kri-ey-shn, by Manja Mexi Mexcessive
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.