These leaves may seem
Like a reminder of past glory
These leaves may seem
Like a reminder of future possibility
But the leaves
Are just leaves
All the rest is just stories
I tell myself to make sense
Not of leaves
But of my own existence
Gold in a Sea of Grey
Porteau Cove Provincial Park
British Columbia, Canada
Pictures of Home, 2016
Pic and a Word Challenge
Last week we found the Poetry in existence this time let’s rake up the Leaves or seek something else to inspire you in this photograph of the final vestiges of fall clinging to the bough in a vivacious display of gold, at Porteau Cove Provincial Park on Howe Sound in British Columbia, Canada.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is (usually) a weekly creativity prompt offered Mondays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or images
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
The previous challenge was: Poetry
The word for last week’s challenge was Poetry, along with this photograph of the sacred Aum, painted on a wall in Kashi (Old Varanasi) in Uttar Pradesh, India.
Four bloggers doubled down on Poetry this week. 😉 Thanks everyone!
- Public Poetry, by Manja Mexi Mexcessive
- Poetry, by WoollyMuses
- Aum, by Defying Atrophy
- Henley’s Indomitable Trees, by Mellow Curmudgeon
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.