I seek my centre
The source of light and being
Where darkness is not feared
But embraced with love and gratitude
For the insights it reveals
When accepted as a gift
Taken during travels, 2019
Pic and a Word Challenge
Last week we found beauty among the Thorns. This week, let’s seek our Centre (or “Center” for you English as a second-language folk. 😉 ), or find something else to inspire you in this photograph of the the Valencia Cathedral’s majestic dome in Valencia, Spain.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Mondays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or images
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
The previous challenge was: Thorns
The word for last week’s Pic and a Word Challenge #246 was Thorns, along with this macro photograph of a thorny flower in Whistler, British Columbia, Canada.
- Thorns, by WoollyMuses
- Protection from Within, by HeavensSunshine
- The Asymmetry of Thorns, by Dancing Echoes
- Tamme kastanje, by Janneke Dijkstra Photography
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.