Amid array of thorn and barb
Simple beauties shall reveal
Pick off the burrs
Let the scratches heal
British Columbia, Canada
Pictures from home, 2020
Pic and a Word Challenge
Last week we found asymmetry in symmetry. This week, let’s find beauty among the Thorns, or find something else to inspire you in this macro photograph of thorny beauty in Whistler, British Columbia, Canada.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Mondays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or images
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
The previous challenge was: Symmetry
The word for last week’s Pic and a Word Challenge #245 was Symmetry, along with this photograph of wildflowers in Whistler, British Columbia, Canada.
- Symmetry, by WoollyMuses
- Symmetry in the Garden, by HeavensSunshine
- Depth of Field, by Defying Atrophy
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.