Of a world slipping into darkness
The light is most vivid
Capable of magiks
Unknown to daylight
Sea to Sky Highway
Near Lions Bay
British Columbia, Canada
Pictures from home, 2020
Pic and a Word Challenge
Last week we entered through the Portal. This week, let’s bathe in the vivid Radiance, or find something else to inspire you in this photograph Howe Sound in the gathering twilight along the Sea to Sky Highway in British Columbia, Canada.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Mondays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or images
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Three bloggers opened the Portal this week. =) Thank you! ❤
- Run Time – A Haibun and Runfession #12, July 2020, by I Do Run
- Mundane Miracle — Curl, by Mellow Curmudgeon
- Beyond Terra Firma, by HeavensSunshine
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.