Through this valley of death
I will fear no hardship
Among these many tourists with me
While the road and the cafe comfort me
No shadow falls to Earth
Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes
Death Valley National Park
California, United States of America
Taken during travels, 2019
Pic and a Word Challenge
Last week we visited America. This week, let’s travel with Tourists, or find something else to inspire you in this photograph of tourists exploring the Mesquite Flats Sand Dunes in Death Valley National Park, California, USA.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sundays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or images
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Three bloggers looked for America this week. =) Thank you, everyone! ❤
- America, by WoollyMuses
- Leading Stripes?, by Manja Mexi Mexcessive
- Running the Ragged Edge – A Haiku and Running Memory, by I Do Run
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.