Headway slow and steady
Though the river hurries by
Fraser River at Steveston
British Columbia, Canada, 2019
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sundays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or images
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Seven bloggers got Entangled this week. Two folks posted poems in the very entangled verse form Pantoum which is a pretty awesome way to respond to this prompt. =) Thank you, everyone! ❤
- Entangled, by Dancing Echoes
- Entangled, by Woolly Muses
- Entangled Excuse – A Pantoum, by I Do Run
- Entangled pantoum, by Manja Mexi Moving
- Entangled Story, by Stuff and what if…
- Fly, Fly Away, by Proscenium
- Entangled, by Padre’s Ramblings
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.