In this pastel calm
My breath but a ripple
In the gentle breeze
Salt air rendered
On the shoreline
Until I drifts away
Into the stillness
The not I
British Columbia, Canada
Taken during travels, 2018
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sundays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Each week, I’ll list the previous week’s responses at the end of the new challenge. I may also share some on my social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
The word for last week’s Pic and a Word Challenge #156 was Love, along with this photograph of lovers at sunset beside Amphitrite Point Lighthouse, Ucluelet, British Columbia, Canada.
Seven bloggers found Love this past week. Thank you, everyone! =)
- Love, by Dancing Echoes
- Laughter, by Temperature’s Rising
- Love, by Ladyleemanila
- Love, by Woolly Muses
- A Love Story in 12 Words, by I Do Run
- Your Kind of Love, by Mexi Movie the Third
- Love Never Dies, by Stuff and what if…
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.