Of line and form
We learned to tell
Our living story
Upon the wall
Of ancient cave
A blogger posts
An early selfie
Kakadu National Park
Northern Territory, Australka
Taken during travels, 1994
Last week we fell into a deep Slumber. This week, let’s take a Selfie, or find something else to inspire you in this photograph of Aboriginal wall art in Australia’s Kakadu National Park, Northern Territory.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sundays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Six bloggers awoke from their Slumber this week. Thanks everyone! (And welcome to the challenge, Debbie Whittam of Twenty Four. =) )
- Slumber, by Dancing Echoes
- Morning, by Dancing Echoes
- Pic and a Word Challenge #136, by Twenty Four
- Slumber, by WoollyMuses
- Ughten, by Temperature’s Rising
- Slumber, by Being in Nature
- Awakening from Winter Slumber, by Stuff and what if…
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.