And it became
The slumber of aeons
His awakening would be
Celebrated around the world
Though his eyes never opened again
Stone Carving in Snow Storm
British Columbia, Canada, 2016
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sundays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Four bloggers struggled through Occluded this week. Kudos everyone, on rising to a tough challenge!
- Earth Cries, by Dancing Echoes
- Occluded, by Being in Nature
- Seeing Beyond, by Stuff and what if…
- Occluded, by For Much Deliberation
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.