Stop/maybe don’t stop
Make up my mind
Wavering on this indecision
Irresolute at the crossroads
Considering east and west
North and south
All avenues open
None being taken
With nowhere to go
And all day to get there
I am not going
Denman & Nelson
British Columbia, Canada, last night, 2018
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sundays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Seven memorable Moments this week. Thanks everyone!
- Moment, by Dancing Echoes
- Moments, by Calm and Chaos
- Surreal Moments, by Stuff and what if…
- Moments, by WoollyMuses
- have you got a moment?, by Does Writing Excuse Watching?
- Moments, by For Much Deliberation
- A Sign From Above, by Temperature’s Rising
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.