A moment before
A moment after
Each with their own tenor
Their own flavour
Their own meaning
There is the overall
The changing times
The recollected meaning
Of a moment
Made up of moments
All part of another
I choose the moment
To define a moment
Even the briefest moment
The same moment
I am in the present
Remember the past
Look to the future
Which leads to questions
About this moment
Recorded for eternity
Have I captured an angel?
Or captured a pose?
I will never be quite sure.
Not that it matters
In one moment
She was an angel
And remains so, to me
Uttar Pradesh, India
Taken during travels, 2017
More about this moment posted as The Angel.
Last week we were explored our Imagination. This week, let’s reflect upon a Moment. Or find something else to inspire your creativity in this photograph of a divine moment on the Ganges River, in Varanasi, India.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sundays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Five fantastical responses to Imagination this week. Thanks everyone!
- Tamed but not Stifled, by Ladyleemanila
- The Light of the Imagination, by Calm and Chaos
- Vivid Dreams, by Stuff and what if…
- Imagination, by WoollyMuses
- Imagination, by Does Writing Excuse Watching?
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.