On blue on blue
Peeks on through
The clouds on high
The smoke below
But in my heart
The golden band
Offsets the black
Below the blue
The light which cuts
With amber hues
A crown upon
These broody blues
I rise into
New light of day
Kunjapuri Devi Temple
Taken during travels, 2017
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sunday mornings.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge to your post
Each week, I’ll list the previous week’s responses at the end of the new challenge. I may also share some on my social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
The word for last week’s Pic and a Word Challenge #78 was Monuments, along with this sunrise photograph of a monkey on a rooftop in New Delhi, India.
Three Monumental responses this week. Thanks everyone! =)
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.