Set by context
Which, I’ve learned
The Ganga Banks
Taken during travels, 2017
Last week we got up for Sunrise. This week? Let’s mess around with Context — find the limits of one, or bend fold and mutilate a context — or seek something else to inspire your creativity in this photograph of a cows basking and frolicking on a Ganges River beach in Rishikesh, India.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sunday mornings.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge to your post
The word for last week’s Pic and a Word Challenge #79 was Sunrise, along with this photograph of Himalayan foothills under a golden sky in Rishikesh, India.
Five glorious sunrises this week. Thanks everyone! =)
- Sunrise, by Dancing Echoes
- Sunrise, by WoollyMuses
- Sunrise, by Serendipitous Weblife
- Sunrise, by LadyLeeManila
- Dawn, by The Photo Junkie
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.