May well have
Killed the cat
But it made
Of the boy
Grabbing a peek at his elders, chanting
Gansu Province, China
Taken during travels, 1998
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sunday mornings.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- You may use any title you like.
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image that you have created.
- Place the challenge’s Pic (If you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response, you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag “Pic and a Word Challenge” to your post
Have a great week!
The word for last week’s Pic and a Word Challenge #4 was Nature, along with this photograph of a friend standing atop a rocky outcropping along the California coast.
We’ve had a few great responses this week: