In a soft voice
I must listen for
From deep within
Except along rocky ocean shores
Where the breakers land hard
And the wind buffets my body
Here, nature brings a club
Near Santa Cruz
California, United States of America
Taken during travels, 2009
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sunday mornings.
Each week I will provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Using the pic and a word as points of inspiration, create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
Many of my posts begin with searching through my photographs until I find one which evokes words. Often, the flow of words begins with just one, a starting point — a theme or a metaphor, perhaps — from which all the others spring. I also find a lot of inspiration from Jennifer Nichole Wells’ One Word Photo Challenge, where I begin with her one word and search through my photographs until I find something which, when combined with Jennifer’s word, evokes more words. I’ve combined these two methods for finding inspiration in this challenge, and hope all you amazingly gifted writers and photographers will enjoy taking it up.
- You may use any title you like.
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image that you have created.
- Place the challenge’s Pic and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response, you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag “Pic and a Word Challenge” to your post
Have a great week!
The word for last week’s Pic and a Word Challenge #3 was Depth, along with this photograph of The Grand Canyon from Bright Angel Point on the North Rim: