Of tides and life
Reveals the glories concealed
By full flood
Wild Pacific Trail
British Columbia, Canada
Pictures from home, 2022
Pic and a Word Challenge
Last week we followed the Golden path. This week, let’s Ebb with the tides. Or seek something else to inspire you in this photograph of a tidal pool at low tide on Big Beach, in Ucluelet, British Columbia, Canada.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is (usually) a weekly creativity prompt offered (also, usually) Mondays.
With each challenge I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, video, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or images
- You may use my image to illustrate your post, or any images you have created
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
The previous challenge was: Golden
The word for last week’s Pic and a Word Challenge #306 was Golden, along with this photograph of the sun setting beneath heavy cloud cover at Big Beach on the Wild Pacific Trail in Ucluelet, Vancouver Island, BC, Canada.
- Garden?, by An Embarrassment of Riches
- Shimmering Gem, by Ladyleemanila
- Golden, by WoollyMuses
- Crocus & Pachysandra in 3-5-3, by Mellow Curmudgeon
- Golden, by Frost on the Moose Dung
- The Purest Gold, by Defying Atrophy
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.
Happy Creating! ❤