Geometries of Euclidean beings
Dominate the irregular perfections
Of organic patterns
A lover of both
Math and nature
Am left unsure
The greater beauty
Is such judgment
Is the construct
Of an eye
And a mind
Who am I to say
What you should find
Surrey Public Library
British Columbia, Canada
Taken on location, 2021
Pic and a Word Challenge
Last week we got crossed up by Perpendicular. This week let’s get all Euclidian with Geometry, or seek something else to inspire you in this photograph of the parallelograms and circles of Surrey Public Library in Surrey, British Columbia, Canada.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is (usually) a weekly creativity prompt offered Mondays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or images
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
The previous challenge was: Perpendicular
The word for last week’s challenge was Perpendicular, along with this photograph of Brutalist lines in the concrete of Surrey Public Library, Surry, BC, Canada.
Five bloggers crossed it up with Perpendicular this week. 😉 Thanks Everyone!
- Perpendicular, by Dancing Echoes
- Straightish Structures, by Defying Atrophy
- Perpendicular, by WoollyMuses
- Perpendicular Perspective – A Poem, by I Do Run
- Perpendicular: Upright or Uptight?, by Mellow Curmudgeon
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.