When our star burned
Bright and hot
In the cold, crisp air
When the clouds softened
Saw blade peaks
Rather than coat the sky
In remorseful grey
I remember a better day
And another to come
A future memory known not by
Prescience nor forecast
Tantalus Mountain Range
Sea to Sky Highway
British Columbia, Canada
Pictures of Home, 2017
Pic and a Word Challenge
Last week we found Beauty in all things. This week let’s find Hope everywhere, or seek something else to inspire you in this photograph of a solar halo in the cirrus-strewn sky above the Tantalus Range in Squamish, British Columbia, Canada..
The Pic and a Word Challenge is (usually) a weekly creativity prompt offered Mondays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or images
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Each week, I’ll list the previous week’s responses at the end of the new challenge. I may also share some on my social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
The previous challenge was: Beauty
The word for last week’s Pic and a Word Challenge #258 was Beauty, along with this photograph of a long dead tree in Monument Valley Navajo Par, Arizona, USA.
- beauty, by WoollyMuses
- Floating Away, by HeavensSunshine
- Ash Trees and Artichokes, by Mellow Curmudgeon
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.