As night approaches day
Light fails on near horizon
Transition now in play
Some might say
Dark times ahead
Are not darkness
One hand holds the chalk of light
While the other clears the slate
Upon the dark revealed we write
With clarity our fate
Pacific Spirit Regional Park
View of Georgia Strait and the Gulf Islands
British Columbia, Canada, 2016
Pic and a Word Challenge
Last week we demonstrated for our Freedom. This week, let’s find our way through this Transition, or find something else to inspire you in this photograph of a boat leaving the log booms below Pacific Spirit Regional Park in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Mondays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or images
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Four bloggers found their Freedom this week. =) Thank you, everyone! ❤
- Freedom for Whom?, by Mellow Curmudgeon
- false flight, by Defying Atrophy
- Freedom, by WoollyMuses
- Freedom — A Haiku, by I Do Run
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.