I trundle along the escarpment
Of this thin edge of immensity
Immersed in the awe
Of all that I do not yet know
And the greater mystery
Of all that I will never know
Thus is the curse
And the beauty
Pacific Coast Highway
Somewhere in Southern California, United States of America
Taken during travels, 2020
Pic and a Word Challenge
Happy creating! ❤ ❤ ❤
Last week we got found ourselves in the darkness with Untaken. This week, let’s travel the road untaken, or find something else to inspire you in this sepia-toned photograph of the Southern California coastline.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Mondays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or images
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Three bloggers took a shot at Untaken this week. =) Thank you, everyone! ❤
- Untaken, by WoollyMuses
- Untaken is Taken, by Manja Mexi Mexcessive
- The Untaken, by Cobbled Contemplations
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.