We all come to the shoreline
Beyond which lies a great unknown
A deep, unfathomable darkness
Most of us are allowed a choice there
To dive right in with more or less grace
Or cling to the land against the inexorable tides
No matter the choice, whether or no we have one
We are all, inevitably, drawn down into that great depth
I rather like to think a beautiful light awaits us there
Pistol River Middle
Oregon Coast Highway
Oregon, United States of America
Taken during travels, 2020
Pic and a Word Challenge
Last week we got out our shovels to Dig. This week, let’s comb the shoreline, or find something else to inspire you in this photograph of the Pistol River Middle on Gold Beach along the Oregon Coast Highway, in Oregon, USA.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sundays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or images
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Five bloggers were able to Dig deep this week. =) Thank you, everyone! ❤
- Dig, by WoollyMuses
- Digging, by Manja Mexi Mexcessive
- Dig, by Bushboys World
- Valentine’s Day – A Poem in the Style of a One Line Story, by I Do Run
- I Dig This Challenge, by Mellow Curmudgeon
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.