With the flow
Some sunny Sunday
That’s all there is
Within my mind
Naught but the sound
Of wheels on pavement
As my body cleaves
The warm still air
Of the path
The gentle song
My spirit sings
What else could I need
British Columbia, Canada, 2019
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sundays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or images
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Six bloggers explored Loss seven ways this week. =) Thank you, everyone! ❤
- Loss, by Dancing Echoes
- A Parisian Tale of Loss – A Dizain, by I Do Run
- Loss, by WoollyMuses
- Haiku #1, by Does Writing Excuse Watching?
- Haiku (#2), by Does Writing Excuse Watching?
- Window Dressing, by Black Body
- Day 217, by Proscenium
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.