A subtle sunset failing to find glory
This small slip of Islet
Sits waiting for its siren
In the Sound of gentle sussurrus
While I am tempted by a call
As yet unvoiced by temptress song
From the Sea to Sky Highway
British Columbia, Canada
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sundays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or images
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Each week, I’ll list the previous week’s responses at the end of the new challenge. I may also share some on my social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
Seven bloggers got to work Work this week. =) Thank you, everyone! ❤
- Spinning Yarns, by Dancing Echoes
- Love Works – A Senryu, by I Do Run
- Work, by WoollyMuses
- No work at all, by Manja Mexi Moving
- A Textured Proposition, by Stuff and what if…
- Working in the Garden, by Heaven’s Sunshine
- Ghost Riders In The Sky, by Proscenium
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.