Of a handmade world
Wash over my being
I am an organic being
Cradled in a manufactured world
And my notions of beauty
Have been filtered
By the means of manufacture
Uttar Pradesh, India
Taken during travels, 2017
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sundays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or images
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
The word for last week’s Pic and a Word Challenge #162 was Bend, along with this photograph of Horseshoe Bend on the Colorado River in Glen Canyon National Recreation Site at Page, Arizona, United States of America.
Seven bloggers went around the Bend this week. Thank you, everyone! =)
- Bend, by Dancing Echoes
- Bend, by Woolly Muses
- Bending Reality – A Poem, by I Do Run
- Around the bend, by Mexi Movie the Third
- Knots Landing, by Proscenium
- Time to Bend, by Stuff and what if…
- Bend, by For Much Deliberation
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.