At what others stop
And I wonder
Need I say more?
Or is there more
I could ask
What might she say?
Caught in the moment
Mind gone astray
That moment is hers
Not mine to know
Nor is it yours
Not part of the show
Then she turns
Looks of knowing shared
Then back to the sea
Our minds turn to there
Pacific Rim National Park Reserve
British Columbia, Canada
Taken during travels, 2018
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sundays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or images
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Each week, I’ll list the previous week’s responses at the end of the new challenge. I may also share some on my social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
The word for last week’s Pic and a Word Challenge #159 was Rugged, along with this sunset photograph of the rocky Pacific coastline near Ucluelet on Vancouver Island’s rugged west coast, British Columbia, Canada.
Seven bloggers managed to traverse the Rugged this week. Thank you, everyone! =)
- Grace, by Dancing Echoes
- Rugged, by Woolly Muses
- Estuary Reflections – A Haibun, by I Do Run
- Rugged life, by Mexi Movie the Third
- Dark Intent, by Stuff and what if…
- Rugged, by A Young Retirement
- Carn Euny Ancient Village, Cornwall, by Jaspa’s Journal
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.