Colours smooth (though lacking green)
Broken only by small clouds
Blemish on a model’s cheek
Mirrors ferry, homeward bound
Near Lion’s Bay
Sea to Sky Highway
British Columbia, Canada, 2018
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sundays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Four bloggers shared their Depth this week. Thanks everyone! (And a grateful welcome to Does Writing Excuse Watching?.) =)
- Depth, by Dancing Echoes
- Inner Rhymes, by Stuff and what if…
- Depth, by WoollyMuses
- Depth, by Does Writing Excuse Watching?
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.