Impending night encroaching
On the very edge of dusk
Colours of refraction
Upon the sea reflected
I draw a breath
Feel the cool
Know the day
Revel in this moment
Close my eyes
Spread my arms
Existence, oh so present
The world laid out
As if for me, alone
From the Sea to Sky Highway
British Columbia, Canada, 2017
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sundays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Each week, I’ll list the previous week’s responses at the end of the new challenge. I may also share some on my social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
Six bloggers went hunting Ghosts this week. Thanks everyone!
- 24 Hour Haunting, by Dancing Echoes
- Laying the Ghost, by Sincerely, Sunny
- Haunted Without Ghosts, by Mellow Curmudgeon
- Ghosts, by Stuff and what if…
- Ghost of my younger self 🙂, by Serendipitous Web Life
- Ghosts, by WoollyMuses
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.