Beneath obscured half moon
In late twilight
The day behind
The day ahead
In the beauty
I revel just as much
In the repose
The lights of Nanaimo,
Across the Strait of Georgia
British Columbia, Canada
Taken this evening, during travels, 2017
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sundays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Four bloggers entered the Twilight zone this week. (Again, couldn’t resist.) Thanks everyone!
- Twilight, by Dancing Echoes
- Embers of Twilight Memories, by Stuff and what if…
- Kenopsia 1, by Jennifer Nichole Wells
- Kenopsia 2, by Jennifer Nichole Wells
- Kenopsia 3, by Jennifer Nichole Wells
- Kenopsia 4, by Jennifer Nichole Wells
- Twilight, by WoollyMuses
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.