If I could learn to love myself
I would no longer want to hate
That kind of inner light is
Even to hate’s formidable darkness
British Columbia, Canada
Taken on location for Zoo, Season 1, 2016
Or, if you don’t want to hate, immerse yourself in an antonym: friendship, good will, happiness, kindness, liking, pleasure, sympathy, admiration, aid, approval, blessing, compliment, delight, esteem, flattery, fondness, help, honor, like, loving, praise, regard, respect.
I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with this.
Last week we found Movement. This week? Let’s tackle Hate or find something else to inspire your creativity in this (paint-filtered) photograph of a man standing in a lit field in Langley, British Columbia, Canada.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sunday mornings.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Four bloggers got their groove on with Movement this week. Thanks everyone! =)
- Movement, by WoollyMuses
- Movement, by Dancing Echoes
- Movement, by LadyLeeManila
- Movement, by Serendipitous Web Life
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.