To lap at feet
On sandy shore
Where it and I
Find some small tranquility
In the turmoil
Of inexorable change
Ganga, take me down
Down to distant sea
Where I become the drop
Which is, itself, the sea
And learn eternal peace
In oneness with the One
(The Ganges River)
Trimurti Gurudatt Ashram
Taken during travels, 2017
Last week we pondered the Absurd. This week? Let’s follow the River down to the ocean, or find something else to inspire your creativity in this photograph of Trimurti Gurudatt Ashram on the Ganga in Rishikesh, India.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sunday mornings.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge to your post
Two Absurd post this week. Thanks ladies! =)
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.