Into Mother Ganga
A calm, steady rhythm
Like a deep breath
While the bells clang
In golden Varanasi
Where the priests
With a dance of fire
Uttar Pradesh, India
Taken during travels, 2017
Upcoming posts will describe this ceremony in better detail, with photographs of course.
Last week journeyed down the River. This week? Let’s seek what’s Golden, or find something else to inspire your creativity in this photograph of a languorous row across Mother Ganga toward golden Varanasi and the nightly Hindu religious ritual performed on the river banks.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sunday mornings.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge to your post
Four journeys down the sacred River this week. Thanks everyone! =)
- River, by Dancing Echoes
- A River Flows, by LearaWrites & TakesPics
- River, by Serendipitous Weblife
- River, by WoollyMuses
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.