Science and logic and reason
Taught me all the many ways
I was wounded and broken
But it was not until
I met the Buddha on the road
That I began to heal
Buddha taught me
It was not my body, or my mind
But rather my spirit which was broken
Giant Buddha Temple
Gansu Province, China
Taken during travels, 1998
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sunday mornings.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response, you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag “Pic and a Word Challenge” to your post
Each week, I’ll list the previous week’s responses at the end of the new challenge. I may also share some on my social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
Five tranquilly delightful offerings this week. Thank you all! =)
- Tranquility, by Dancing Echoes
- Tranquility, by LadyLeeManila
- Tranquility to Ease the Troubled Heart, by Netdancer’s Musings
- Tranquility, by november child
- Eons, by WritersDream9
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.