Over millions of years, seems steady
Leaving spires and hoodoos
Revealing forms underlying
In the hoodoos
I see myself
The form revealed
Of what I am
From what I was
In practice and in seeking
Looking deep within
All that is not me
Revealing the me underlying
Utah, United States of America
Taken during travels, 1996
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like.
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- Better if the words are your own
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created.
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response, you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag “Pic and a Word Challenge” to your post
Last week shone brightly in the light… This week, dig deep, scrape away, expose the limits with Erosion. And have a great week!
Seven luminous posts this week. Thanks everyone!