I tread through life
I leave footprints
I only hope
That when others come upon them
They see what I see
With good-natured purpose
If the path meanders a bit
Seems to lose its way from time-to-time
I see that, ultimately, it remains true
And I know that a curved line
Is always more beautiful
Than a straight one
The Mountains of Singing Sands
Gansu Province, China
Taken during travels, 1998
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- You may use any title you like.
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image that you have created.
- Place the challenge’s Pic (If you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response, you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag “Pic and a Word Challenge” to your post
Each week, I’ll list the previous week’s responses at the end of the new challenge. I may also share some on my social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
Have a great week!
The word for last week’s Pic and a Word Challenge #6 was Time, along with this photograph of the desert sand dunes of Ming Sha Shan, in China.
This week’s responses are awesome. Thanks everyone!: