Little Island of life
Cradled by the rock
Of a stormy shore
Wild Pacific Trail
British Columbia, Canada
Pic and a Word Challenge
Last time things got Rocky. This week, let’s rock the Cradle. Or seek something else to inspire you in this photograph from the Rocky Bluffs section of Ucluelet’s Wild Pacific Trail, in British Columbia, Canada.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is (usually) a weekly creativity prompt offered (also, usually) Mondays.
Each challenge I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or images
- You may use my image to illustrate your post, or any images you have created
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Each week, I’ll list the previous week’s responses at the end of the new challenge. I may also share some on my social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
The previous challenge was: Rocky
The word for last week’s Pic and a Word Challenge #292 was Rocky, along with this long exposure photograph of The Amphitrite Point Lighthouse, in Ucluelet, British Columbia, Canada.
- A peaceful path perchance yet stranger, by Defying Atrophy
- Rocky, by An Embarrassment of Riches
- Innocence, by Mellow Curmudgeon
- Rocky, by WoollyMuses
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.
Happy Creating! ❤