The land’s flow
This sea of soil
Calls out to
Content to be at sea
British Columbia, Canada
Pic and a Word Challenge
Last week we let ourselves Dance as if we didn’t care who was watching. This week let’s go Sailing, or seek something else to inspire you in this HDR photograph of the grasslands of Merritt, British Columbia, Canada.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is (usually) a weekly creativity prompt offered (also, usually) Mondays.
Each challenge I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or images
- You may use my image to illustrate your post, or any images you have created
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Each week, I’ll list the previous week’s responses at the end of the new challenge. I may also share some on my social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
The previous challenge was: Dance
The word for last week’s Pic and a Word Challenge #285 was Dance, along with this HDR photograph of Southern California’s Pacific Coast in the United States of America.
- lighten up and splash a little, by Defying Atrophy
- Dance, by WoollyMuses
- Tango, by An Embarrassment of Riches
- Stolen Surprise – A Quadrille, by I Do Run
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.