Of my conscious mind
Can be so very much more
Than nature’s organic expressions
The subtle calculations
Of an incomprehensible unconscious
We have become such an affliction
On an incalculable beauty
Taken during travels, 2019
Pic and a Word Challenge
Last week we faced our Fear. This week, let’s do the math and tackle Mathematics, or find something else to inspire you in this HDR photograph of the Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències in Valencia, Spain.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is (usually) a weekly creativity prompt offered Mondays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or images
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Each week, I’ll list the previous week’s responses at the end of the new challenge. I may also share some on my social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
The previous challenge was: Fear
The word for last week’s Pic and a Word Challenge #250 was Fear, along with this photograph of the Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències in Valencia, Spain.
- Hallow’s Eve, by Dancing Echoes
- November Lament – A Poem, by I Do Run
- It’s Coming., by Defying Atrophy
- Fear is a mans best friend, by bushboys world
- Winter is Coming, by Philosophy Through Photography
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.