On my wrist
In my hand
In a dream
In my arms
On my chest
In my heart
In my bed
In my life
All I need
In your ear
To your lips
Comes a smile
Alberta, Canada, 2018
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sundays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Each week, I’ll list the previous week’s responses at the end of the new challenge. I may also share some on my social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
The word for last week’s Pic and a Word Challenge #153 was Emptiness, along with this photograph of farms on the prairie in Drumheller, Alberta, Canada.
Eight bloggers filled the Emptiness this past week. Thank you, everyone! =)
- Morning After, by Dancing Echoes
- Emptiness, by Woolly Muses
- My Emptiness, by Mexi Movie the Third
- Queen for a Day, by Proscenium
- Empty, by I Do Run
- Here and There in 3-5-3, by Mellow Curmudgeon
- Emptiness, by For Much Deliberation
- Emptiness, by Out an’ About
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.