Still, the sky betrays its presence
As yet the flames present no danger
Though the possibility be mentioned
So am I reminded
A threat may seem remote
Or weak in its intention
But a threat it is
Toxic in its notion
I do well to heed an atmosphere in tension
British Columbia, Canada
Taken during travels, 2018
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sundays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
Each week, I’ll list the previous week’s responses at the end of the new challenge. I may also share some on my social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
The word for last week’s Pic and a Word Challenge #150 was Detail, along with this photograph of plaster work during temple renovations n Bangkok, Thailand.
Six bloggers attended to Detail this past week. Thank you, everyone! =)
- Detail, by Dancing Echoes
- Detail, by Woolly Muses
- Grave Details, by Mexi Movie the Third
- All in the Details, by Stuff and what if…
- At the Waterfront, by Being in Nature
- Details, by I Do Run
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.