Xinjiang Autonomous Region
The People’s Republic of China
Taken during travels, 1998
Of course, this will likely impact my posting rate because, well, travel. And India! It may also affect the regularity of this challenge. But, with any luck (and perseverance) I’ll be back for the next 4 Sundays, as usual. If a bit late, like today. =)
Last week we got Rugged. This week? Let’s seek out the Other, or find something else to inspire your creativity in this photograph from Xinjiang, China, of a woman and her children waiting with the donkey cart while her husband is at market.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sunday mornings.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge to your post
Each week, I’ll list the previous week’s responses at the end of the new challenge. I may also share some on my social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
Three rugged individuals posted this week. Thanks! =)
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.