Driven by heat
Water bubbles up
Carrying the stuff of Earth
Depositing, Depositing, Depositing
On mounds and terraces
The beautiful stuff of Earth
Cools, solidifies, colours
And a rivulet
Runs through it
The new Earth created
Where the hot water cools
Mammoth Hot Springs
Yellowstone National Park
Wyoming, United States of America
Taken during travels, 1995
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- Better if the words are your own
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response, you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag “Pic and a Word Challenge” to your post
Each week, I’ll list the previous week’s responses at the end of the new challenge. I may also share some on my social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
Last week we stood on the edge of a cliff… This week, let’s explore rust, in all its beauty.
The word for last week’s Pic and a Word Challenge #22 was Rust, along with this photograph of beat up old Chevy.
Three beautiful posts in the last week. Thanks everyone! This week, have fun loving the heat.