I get out of bed
Begin the day
Clinging to what I have
Thinking that is tenacity
But if the coffee wakes me up
I remind myself to find a way
To reach a little further
Climb a little higher
Take another step forward
To remain where I am
Safe but confined
Is losing ground
Where is the tenacity
In a self-imposed stop sign?
Northern Territory, Australia
Taken during travels, 1994
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like.
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- Better if the words are your own
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created.
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response, you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag “Pic and a Word Challenge” to your post
Last week we sought our patience, our ability to wait… This week, explore the state of grit and determination.
Five wonderful posts this week. Thanks everyone!