As if we create the beauty
But Nature in all her ways
When left to her own devices
She paints and sculpts
That is just the Way
The Dao, Nature’s way
All that follows the Way
Even the blackness and destruction
Of a forest after fire
Fire follows Nature’s way
Keeping the balance of a living land
Renewing it, so it may go on living
Therein is fire’s beauty
Burnt land is ugliness
When the beholder does not see the Way
While ugliness comes from the hand
Which works against the Way
Yellowstone National Park
Wyoming, United States of America
Taken during travels, 1996
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like.
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- Better if the words are your own
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created.
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response, you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag “Pic and a Word Challenge” to your post
Last week we rode the tide, stayed in the flow… This week, find the beauty there, in front of you, the beauty in all things.
Five flowing posts this week. Thanks everyone!