With the mountains
And the trees
Until the sky becomes
Part of the land
Distinct but inseparable
Reminds me how
Your love for me
Becomes a part of me
And my love for you
Becomes a part of you
Porteau Cove Provincial Park
Sea to Sky Highway
British Columbia, Canada
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sunday mornings.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge to your post
Each week, I’ll list the previous week’s responses at the end of the new challenge. I may also share some on my social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
Six ventures into the Forbidden this week. Thanks everyone! =)
- Temptation, by Dancing Echoes
- Forbidden — She Walks the Line, by Serendipitous Weblife
- December 22, 2016, by WritersDream9
- No more, by LadyLeeManila
- Something Strange is Afoot, by Jennifer Nichole Wells
- Forbidden, by Out an’ About
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.