At the gate
A world of articulate geology
And exquisite beauty
Under ominous skies
Awash in golden sun
While I imagine pyramids
Slaves and Gods
In a dreamtime
Of human greatness
A time when we reached
Into the heavens
And touched the sky
By the blood and sweat
Of the expendable
Not so different
In the telling
From my own
Sandstone Rock Formations
Canyonlands National Park
Utah, United States of America
Taken during travels, 2009
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sunday mornings.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response, you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag “Pic and a Word Challenge” to your post
Each week, I’ll list the previous week’s responses at the end of the new challenge. I may also share some on my social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
The word for last week’s Pic and a Word Challenge #50 was Perception, along with this abstract photograph of a rock formation at dusk near Mexican Hat, Utah.
Three perceptive responses this week. Thank you! =)
- What I Thought I Saw (Mirage), by Leara Writes
- Perceptions of Love in a Dying World: Ondina’s Dream, by Fetch
- Perception, by Dancing Echoes
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.