The rise and ebb of civilizations
Like waves rolling up
On a long, shallow beach
Each wave believing
It will roll on forever
But even the shallowest beach
Before another wave
Comes to swallow it up
While it ebbs
British Columbia, Canada
Taken during travels, 2015
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- Better if the words are your own
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response, you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag “Pic and a Word Challenge” to your post
Last week we tantalized one-another… This week, let’s challenge ourselves with the ebb and flow.
Two bloggers tantalized us this past week. Thanks guys! Ride the wave this week.